Sunday, August 11, 2019

Pinterest Mood and Inspiration Boards

 

I want to draw attention to my mood and inspiration boards that I've set up on Pinterest. As I've mentioned before, I take inspiration from the cultures of ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia the Indus Valley, the Eastern Mediterranean and Central and South America.

I'm not imagining the cultures of Sundaland as being direct analogues of real world cultures. Rather each culture bears certain resemblances or might look like a mixture of several cultures depending on their geographical surroundings, societal structure, technology level and such things.

It really helps fire my imagination and get away from assumptions about the past, usually based on ideas about the Classical period to the end of the Middle Ages.

A good example is this interpretation of a style of Bronze Age village found in Southern Russia. It's not something I would ever have come up with on my own and if someone presented it to me without context I'd think it a fanciful concept. Wikipedia: Arkaim



Here are the Pinterest boards:

Sundaland RPG Inspiration Board


Find all of the articles and resources I've compiled so far here: Sundaland Overview

No comments:

Post a Comment